One of the Western Cape’s most hotly anticipated events, the iconic Knysna Oyster Festival, will take place from 21-30 June and includes a diverse range of things to do for those looking to explore the Greater Knysna area this winter.
This year’s festival goers can expect an even bigger range of unique experiences than ever before – including everything from cycling to running, a wine festival, fun runs and kiddies activities, and burgers to oysters in one of the most beautiful natural settings in the country.
Visit Knysna’s General Manager, Colleen Durant, adds, “This year’s Knysna Oyster Festival offers something for everyone. The community have taken ownership of the event again, which means 10 full days of exploring everything that the Greater Knysna area has to offer; whether it’s an activity that is always on offer or something set up specifically for the festival days, visitors and locals will be spoilt for choice.”
This famous festival, now in its 36th year, adds to the region’s abundance of tourism activities for all ages and continues to draw local and international guests looking for adventure. Visit Knysna recently underwent a brand refresh, including a compelling and vibrant new logo, which encapsulates what this beautiful destination stands for.
Knysna Oyster Festival 2019 event highlights include:
- The Knysna Cycle Tour with its MTB Events, Road Races and SPUR Children’s Cycle Tour on 22 & 23 June
- iKASI Colour Fun Run on the 22 June
- FNB Family Forest Hike on 24, 26 & 28 June
- Forest Family Trail Runs on 24 & 28 June
- MTB Meander on 25 June
- Woodcutters Trail on 25 June
- Kurland Triathlon on 27 June
- Lofts Atrium’s “out of this world” craft gin and food experience on 27 June
- Turbine Hotel’s “Liquid Sunsets”, with live music on 28 June
- Knysna Forest Marathon on Saturday, 29 June
Travellers are encouraged to visit the official website, www.oysterfestival.co.za, to explore the calendar, discover more and book to experience the coolest winter break yet!